Adjusting Careers

Getting Started

The first step to becoming a licensed adjuster is to obtain your Resident License in your home state. Most state governments will have a Department of Insurance Website which will have instructions on how to obtain your Resident License. If you live in a state that does not require an adjuster license, you may apply to another state for a Resident License by checking with their Department of Insurance.


Allcat Claims Service is a performance based company. Today’s claims industry tracks your performace on every aspect of claims handling. Allcat works those who consistently perform at a high level, have their licenses on file with us, and are prepared in advance of a storm. In addition to performance and readiness, you can improve your marketability with additional industry certifications:

  • Haag Roof Inspection Certifications (Residential / Commercial)
  • Fire / Water / Smoke Training
  • Xactimate Level 1,2,and 3
  • Steep & Tall Harness Training

If you are an experienced adjuster, and would like to work with the Allcat Team, please fill out the online application, and we will be in touch very soon. We are looking forward to meeting you.


Once you have obtained your Resident License in your home state, you can apply to other states for a Non-Resident License. Most states reciprocate, meaning they will waive the continuing education and licensing exams. However, you will still have to pay the licensing fee in each state and maintain your Resident License to remain in compliance. There are several licensing websites that can help you obtain, and maintain these licenses. Sircon and National Insurance Producers Registry are two that can be used.

Which License Should I Get?

Ultimately, it is up to you to determine in which states you want to be licensed. When dealing with Mother Nature, there are historically key states. Hurricane states include all the gulf coast, and East coast states (TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, PA, NY). The Southwest is prone to wind and hail (OK, TX, NM, KS, NE, CO, AZ). California is susceptible to earthquakes. Winter storm states include Oregon, Washington, Montana, Minnesota, Michigan, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.